Show Notes for Episode 63: Pen Names – Why and Why Not?
How to Write Fiction: When is a pen name or pseudonym in fiction writing a good idea? Can it be bad for your career? And how?
There are many good, valid reasons for having a pen name (or several!) and we discuss these. There are good reasons to not have one either. So how do you know if it’s right for you? How do you know if it a pen name will help your sales instead of hurting them?
In this week’s episode, I (host, Rebecca Galardo) discuss the pros and cons of pen names with Holly Lisle, as well as learning from the mistakes she’s made over her almost 35 years in writing.
Join us in this week’s episode and if you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- Submit to have your work read on the 2019 Halloween Flash Fiction Episode
- 2018 Halloween Special: Listener Edition
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Become a Successful Indie Author: Work Toward Your Writing Dream
- Jon Anthan
- Theodore ‘Ted’ Sturgeon
- Kate Aeon (Holly’s romance pen name that didn’t work out)
- How To Write A Series (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- Create A Character Clinic (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
- Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.