Show Notes for Episode 64: How to Keep Your Scenes On Target
How to Write: How do I keep my scenes cohesive and get to the point? How do I not lose sight of what the scene is supposed to be?
Today I (host, Rebecca Galardo) discuss writing scenes with Author and Teacher Holly Lisle. What is getting in late and leaving earlywhen it comes to scenes? How do you know what to cut and what to leave in? How to you even know what is integral to a scene and what to write in the first place? What are the elements that are absolutely necessary in a scene?
Holly’s got the answers to these and more!
So grab a cup of coffee or tea and join us in this week’s episode and if you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- Submit to have your work read on the 2019 Halloween Flash Fiction Episode
- 2018 Halloween Special: Listener Edition
- Perfectionism Part One: First Draft
- Perfectionism Part Two: Revision
- Hunting the Corrigan’s Blood
- Write Page-Turning Scenes (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- Write Dialogue With Subtext (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- Find Your Writing Voice (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- How To Revise Your Novel (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
- Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes. Gorgeous Dart on Fire Image by MasterTux from Pixabay