Show Notes for Episode 76: How to Start Building a Language, Culture… and Story Ideas
How to Write Fiction: How to get story ideas while building a Language and Culture!
What can you create with ten sounds and three words? The in-depth start to an entire world! The same with creating a belief like an every day item is Sentient and Evil!
Join Author and Teacher, Holly Lisle, and her daughter (writer and host, Rebecca Galardo) as they spawn ideas that thrill them from just the tiniest of worldbuilding!
Special Note:Never were the type to be interested in creating a language? COOL! I (Rebecca) was the same! Please: give it a go anyway. Try it out. It won’t take long and the worst case scenario – you’ve completely a unique writing exercise you don’t have to ever do again andyou maybe got a story idea out of it. Your Muse (Right Brain) needs stimulation and the Inner Critic (left brain) is the one telling you “I don’t do languages.” or “That’s not for me.” and “You don’t need them in your genre/writing/work.”
Join us in this week’s episode and if you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- 30 Minute Worldbuilding Workshop (Episode)
- How To Revise Your Novel (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- 5 Minute World Building Freebie (follow the link and then scroll down to FREE PDF) (from last week)
- Create A Language Clinic (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- Create A Culture Clinic (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
- Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.