Show Notes for Episode 65: Procrastination in Fiction: Outlining
How to Write Fiction: Do you find yourself trying to get the outline of a story or novel perfect before you write? Do you feel stuck in a synopsis before beginning your work because you don’t have it all figured out… so you don’t get to the action writing fiction part?
In this week’s episode I (host, Rebecca Galardo) and Author and Teacher Holly Lisle discussion outlining as a form of procrastination as well as planning your fiction and where your best ideas come from. We go over how you can tell if you’re working or if you’re procrastinating, what you can do about it, how you can work with or around outlining stories… and most importantly how to find what works for you.
Join us in this week’s episode and if you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- Submit to have your work read on the 2019 Halloween Flash Fiction Episode
- 2018 Halloween Special: Listener Edition
- One Good Enemy (Holly states in the podcast that this article is “One True Enemy” – this is false. Heh. What? Come on, you already know I’m a dork. Also, extra cookies from me for anyone whose mind directly went to Dwight Shrute.)
- Writing Twists and What They Are Episode
- Create A Plot Clinic (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)\
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
- Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.