Show Notes for Episode 56: Perfectionism: Part One – First Draft
Today exactly marks ONE YEAR since our first episode was released! So we take on a heavy hitter.
Holly and I (host Rebecca) have been eager to share this two-parter topic with you!
So very many people struggle with Perfectionismin their writing – many are not even aware of it. If you’ve pined over just the right word, the right description, struggled over the dialogue not being just quite right, the very words stifling your creativity… You might have a problem with perfectionism.
This week we talk about a topic brought up in our forums and touch on the upcoming 2nd annual Halloween Special: Listener Edition before we get into the real meat: What is perfectionism, what are the symptoms and why, and what is the cure?
So join us in this week’s episode and if you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
Mentioned in the Podcast
- I See You (EMT Novel – Kate Aeon is Holly’s pseudonym)
- How To Revise Your Novel (affiliate link – supports the podcast)
- 2018 Halloween Special – Listener Edition (Stories from YOU!)
- Will Smith’s Speech on Skydiving and Fear.
- Corpus Callosum #1 (right and left brain videos)
- Corpus Callosum #2 (right and left brain videos)
- Corpus Callosum #3 (right and left brain videos)
- Holly’s Sonnets – The first fiction she’s ever sold: To an Android Lover and Pensive Ruminations on Impermanence in a Technophilic World
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.