Show Notes for Episode 86: How to Write Holiday-Based Stories
How to Write Fiction: How to Write Holiday Centric Fiction
Have you ever wanted to write a story surrounding an upcoming holiday, but feel locked into certain tropes? Have you ever struggled to put your own spin on a piece of work you want to write for a specific holiday? Maybe you want to create a new take on the celebration or focus the darker side of any number of these “special” days.
In this episode Author and Fiction Teacher Holly Lisle and I (host, Rebecca Galardo) discuss how much fun writing holiday-based fiction can be, how to go about it in an easy and orderly way and how to find what matters to you in each and every holiday.
Join us in this week’s episode and if you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- How To Revise Your Novel (affiliate link! supports the podcast)
- Rebecca’s Instagram @rgalardo Holly’s Instagram @holly.lisle
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
- Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.