Show Notes for Episode 27: Goal Setting – and Goal KEEPING – for Writing Fiction
Alone in a Room with Invisible People is a podcast focusing on topics related to writing, revising and publishing fiction.
I, (host Rebecca Galardo) and Author/Teacher Holly Lisle go into Goal Setting and KEEPINGfor the fiction writer.
This is not about breaking out your planners or purchasing a $40 goal setting book or taking an expensive (or free) online course. It’s not about vision boards or huge aspirations and big dreams coming true without knowing a single step to get there.
This is about finding the right goals, breaking those goals down, getting leverage, setting achievable targets and working towards them consistently, as well as how to reward yourself for reaching them!
When everyone is setting lofty year-end goals or scoffing at those “suckers setting New Year resolutions”, you can be mindful and strong and achieving wins from Day One.
After the episode: Have tips for our listeners on goal setting that have worked for you? Jump into the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes!
iTunes | Stitcher | Podbean | YouTube | Spotify
Mentioned in the Podcast
- Flylady.net (not .org, sorry!)
- Deep Work by Cal Newport (misspoke the name, was clearly influenced by Cam Newton the NFL player)
- Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
- 30 Day 10 Minute Timer Challenge (in the PODCAST forums at HollysWritingClasses.com)
- Research Episode
- Busman’s Holiday
- Getting things Done by DAVID Allen (I was just messing up everything)
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.