Show Notes for Episode 41: How to Build Your Writing System
Holly gets asked all the time: “How do you consistently show up to work and get words on the page?” “How do you get to the ‘butt in chair’ mindset and do it enough to create so many finished works?” “How do you create a routine that gets you progress even on days when the last thing you want to do is write?”
This week Holly and I (host, Rebecca Galardo) go over our own writing systems and the processes we use to consistently create. Each step will show you how to find your own way of doing things. Holly breaks down what a writing system is into a clear, manageable sequence of tasks and ideals that will help you apply values and principles into your life to build your own writing system.
As you listen, write down your own preferences and ideas. What would make a better environment for you? What would help you stay consistent on an every day basis?
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes!
Mentioned in the Podcast:
- How to Write a Novel – Open Enrollment April 1 to April 8th 10AM EST until 10PM EST (affiliate link, helps the podcast!!) (NOW CLOSED)
- Julia Cameron (SORRY! Not Campbell) – The Artist’s Way (not an affiliate link)
- Holly’s Blog – (Book Math) Notecarding Under Pressure
- Holly’s Blog – Revising Your Novel
- 7 Day Crash Revision (affiliate link, helps the podcast!!)
- How to Revise Your Novel (affiliate link, helps the podcast!!)
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes. Music during Sponsor Spot: Yan Terrien – Rose Baba