Show Notes for Episode 69: How to Write Funny – Putting Humor into Fiction – Free Worksheets Below
Humorous writing can sometimes seem like a either a born talent or a sudden – sometimes seldom given – gift. It might feel that way when you’re plodding along in a scene and something hilarious happens. Rest assured this is your Right Brain – your Muse – and humor is yet another skill you can learn, a muscle you can work out and build over time.
In this episode I (host Rebecca Galardo) ask questions from Holly’s free worksheets (click on the image just below this paragraph) and Holly’s walks us through her plot and different possibilities to add humor. You can listen along and we’d love to see what you’d come up with for Holly’s ideas (join us in the forums) or take the worksheet to your current work and see how you can retrofit humor into.
Join us in this week’s episode and if you have any questions for us, join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- 2018 Halloween Special: Listener Edition
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s (Wikipedia link includes Rooney controversy)
- Welcome to Temptation – Jennifer Crusie
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
- Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.