Show Notes for Episode 87: How to Know if Your Idea is the Right Size for Your Story
How to Write Fiction: Story Ideas VS Fiction Length
Two common scenarios, each is one side of the same coin: 1. you’re writing a short story that won’t end or 2. you’ve run out of steam with your current novel. The short story is too involved, while the novel isn’t involved enough.
So how can you tell whether or not your story matches the length of the work you want to write?
In this episode Author and Fiction Teacher Holly Lisle and I (host, Rebecca Galardo) discuss just this question, providing you with a few examples (real and imagined) as well as questions to ask yourself if you find you’re running into this very familiar problem.
Join us in this week’s episode and if you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- Light through Fog
- How to Expand Your Story Idea
- How to Find Your Book-A-Likes… And Why
- Our Merch!
- Join in on the One Minute Story Challenge…
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
- Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.