Show Notes for Episode 84: How to Include a Theme in Your Fiction and Characters
How to Write Fiction: Working with a Theme in your fiction and characters!
Most writers at one point in their lives struggle with theme. What is theme? How do I incorporate it into my story? How do I tie that in with my characters in actions and thought? How do I make sure my point comes across? Can I show different parts of the theme without seeming incoherent?
In today’s episode Author and Fiction Teacher Holly Lisle and I (host, Rebecca Galardo) cover all of this with an example that Holly comes up with and builds upon live.
Join us in this week’s episode and if you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- How To Revise Your Novel (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- The link that helped Holly work within the Hero’s Journey paradigm
- Holly’s New Year Special is going on until Jan 31st! Holly’s Chinese Menu page for the How to Write a Novel – by Holly Lisle (affiliate link, supports the podcast!!)
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
- Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes. Image by Anemone123 from Pixabay