Show Notes for Episode 81: Overcoming Focus Issues in Writing: Attention, Overwhelm and Scheduling Problems
Do you have issues with keeping the focus on your fiction? Maybe you’re overwhelmed with all you have to get done? Or is the inconsistency of your schedule (or lack thereof) getting in the way?
If you’re suffering from any kind of attention issues, we understand! In this episode, Author and Teacher Holly Lisle and I (host, Rebecca Galardo) cover different issues writers face when it comes to putting words on paper and getting work done. There are a million things vying for your attention at any point in time – let’s focus on the ones that point us in the direction of our dreams.
Join us in this week’s episode and if you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- Year of Winning at Writing episode
- Holly’s Chinese Menu page for the How to Write a Novel – by Holly Lisle (affiliate link, supports the podcast!!)
- How To Revise Your Novel (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- How to Write Short Stories (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- How To Find Your Writing Discipline
- CLINICS (under $10)
Create A Character Clinic
Create A Plot Clinic
Create A Language Clinic
Create A Culture Clinic
Create A World Clinic
Write Page-Turning Scenes
- Holly’s Bullet Journal Set-Up
- Ryder Carol (“creator” of the Bullet Journal system)
- Bullet Journal System Video
- How to build an artifact (the sound is a little rough and echoing)
- 30 Day (or more) 10 Minute Timer Thread – Join us!!
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
- Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.