Show Notes for Episode 73: How to Plot Twists that Fit
How to Write Fiction: How to Find Twists that Fit Your Story
Afraid of “anvils and aliens” intruding on your historical romance? Finding your sweet YA has suddenly become horribly R-rated? Maybe you’ve tossed a few spells into that Sci-Fi book you’ve been slugging along on. Or perhaps you keep introducing new characters because your Muse says “Oh, here, this guy will TWIST things up!”
You know when something you’ve written doesn’t fit, sometimes intuitively and sometimes it’s just plain obvious. Coming up with twists that fit the story and the world is not always easy. In fact, most of the time it can be downright difficult.
(This week’s episode also features a Halloween Story Rebecca left out of the Special Episodes by accident – ENJOY!).
Join us in this week’s episode and as we answer this question, talking process, Muse, Inner Critic, letting go, limitations and how to chase that damned slippery twist.
If you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
Author Featured in the Podcast
- Just Deserts by Vicky Sheppard (email@example.com) as read aloud by Mark HermannMusic from https://filmmusic.io“Come Play with Me” and “Unseen Horrors” by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- How To Revise Your Novel (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- How to Write a Novel – by Holly Lisle(affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- 5 Minute World Building Freebie (scroll down to FREE PDF)
- The 10-28 Update from Harlequin (HWC Members only; it’s posted in the forums)
- Episode 01: The Inner Critic Episode (sorry for the sound quality)
- Episode 46: Muse Toys – How to Connect with your Muse
- The Rose Sea by S. M. Sterling and Holly Lisle
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.