Episode Fiction Writer Money Talks: Paid Markets VS Free Markets
Show Notes for Episode 50: Fiction Writer Money Talks: Paid Markets VS Free Markets
How to Write Fiction: Where to publish and why? Writers worry about pay, sure, but sometimes there is more value in a smaller, non-paying market. How can this be?
Answering another question by a listener, Author and Fiction Writing Teacher Holly Lisle gives us the breakdown in today’s episode – and it’s a big one. You as a writer need to know the values of both paying and free markets. They’re not always what you’d expect. There is genuine value in smaller markets that cannot even pay with copies. And there are huge drawbacksto the big paying markets.
So join us in this episode and find out what all there is as well as how to stay safe: the things to look for in contracts, how to spot scams and how to make sure the market you’re looking at is as good as it seems.
Join us in this week’s episode and if you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- Submit to have your work read on the 2019 Halloween Flash Fiction Episode
- 2018 Halloween Special: Listener Edition
- How To Revise Your Novel (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- Tigertech – NOT an affiliate link but feel free to let them know AIARWIP sent ya!
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.