Show Notes for Episode 22: 16 Bad Habits Writers Have
Alone in a Room with Invisible People is a podcast focusing on topics related to writing, revising and publishing fiction.
I, (host Rebecca Galardo) and Author/Teacher Holly Lisle took to asking a question of our listeners in the AIARWIP forums at HollysWritingClasses:
“What is/are your worst bad habit/s?”
Bad habits differ greatly but the common denominator is that they alllead to results that are not ideal for writing: mostly leading to NOTwriting.
For all 17 of the mentioned bad habits – ranging from listening to your Muse’s every idea to never finishing, to not being firm about a writing habit – Holly and I provide our experiences and tips for getting past the habitand back to the writing.
(If you have a bad habit that was not covered, join the free forums at hollyswritingclasses.com and let us know on the post in the forum for this episode.)
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes!
Mentioned in the Podcast
- Flylady.net (not .org, sorry!)
- Deep Work by Cal Newport (misspoke the name, was clearly influenced by Cam Newton the NFL player)
- Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
- 30 Day 10 Minute Timer Challenge (in the PODCAST forums at HollysWritingClasses.com)
- Research Episode
- Busman’s Holiday
- Getting things Done by DAVID Allen (I was just messing up everything)
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.