Show Notes for Episode 14: The Scene Building Workshop
Alone in a Room with Invisible People is a podcast focusing on topics related to writing, revising and publishing fiction.
In another experimental episode, Author/Teacher Holly Lisle walks the listener, and the host … me – Rebecca Galardo – through a scene building workshop. She’ll define what a scene is for us and guide us through creating a good scene every time. Play along: all you need is a pen and paper! Using the right questions, Holly and I create scenes from scratch for stories we now both want to tell.
We take a look at the following:
- A clear and simple definition of what a scene is
- Examples of scenes that might surprise you
- The right questions to ask yourself
- 4 Demo Scenes – Two from Holly, two from myself
- How to know when to enter a scene and when to exit it.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes!
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.