Show Notes for Episode 12: Criminally Annoying Characters
Alone in a Room with Invisible People is a podcast focusing on topics related to writing, revising and publishing fiction.
In this episode, host Rebecca Galardo and author and teacher Holly Lisle discuss Criminally Annoying Characters and what we did to deserve them.
We uncover the different types of characters that fit this description, reasons they’ve shown up, and how to decide if they’re worth a little tweaking or too horrible to keep. We show you where to look to pinpoint the flaws and what options you have fix what broke, and to learn how to use this prevent future disaster characters.
They take a look at the following:
- What kinds of characters qualify
- Why you need to pay attention to characters acting out of character
- How to spot the havoc
- How to FIX the characters
- What SHOOTING a character is and why you might want to do it
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes!
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.