Show Notes for Episode 11: Getting Unstuck in Your Writing
Alone in a Room with Invisible People is a podcast focusing on topics related to writing, revising and publishing fiction.
In this episode, host Rebecca Galardo and author and teacher Holly Lisle dig into what causes that agonizing moment where you realize your story is stuck… and then they show you were to find the problems, and how to make the fixes.
They take a look at the following:
- P.A.C.T.S. what they are and how they can be at the root of your problem.
- How to recognize what it is that is creating the block.
- The importance of character.
- What you need in each and every scene.
- Ways to fix your problems and make your work far better.
- Story Idea, Theme, and Subtext and how these might be causing you issues.
New FORUM at HollysWritingClasses.com for Podcast Listeners (you will need an account to post).
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes!
iTunes | Stitcher | Podbean | YouTube | Spotify
Due to semi-popular demand, I have added a picture of KiKi (and me, last year after she was feeling better post-vet visit). This is the trouble-making guest star that sometimes HAS to be with me during podcast recordings. Hope you guys will forgive her, she has health issues and attitude problems with three other fur-family members of the household – especially when I am in a room she cannot get into, ha!
Mentioned in the Podcast
- The Secret Texts: (Book One) (Book Two) (Book Three) (All Three Books as an $8.99 Kindle Version) and Vincalis the Agitator (Prequel/Book 4)
- Write Page-Turning Scenes (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- How to Write a Novel (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- How To Revise Your Novel (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- How to Write Short Stories (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- Writers Group Notes
- Holly’s free Writer’s Group: Go to create a free account at HollysWritingClasses.com and find friends in other writers -REAL writers. Join the Community and become a part of that Culture.
- FREE ARTICLES on writing – A LOT of stuff here, please bookmark for yourself.
- Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCKHow to Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t Suck – FREE (affiliate link, supports the podcast, even for FREE!)
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.
One thought on “Episode 11: Getting Unstuck in Your Writing”
Thanks so much, Ladies! Y’all rocked it yet again! I was wondering if you had recommendation for “meaty” romances that were than just sex and misunderstandings. I’d love to cut down on the time it takes to explore which books are which.
Comments are closed.