Show Notes for Episode 08: Why Write Flash Fiction?
Alone in a Room with Invisible People is a podcast focusing on topics related to writing, revising and publishing fiction.
In this episode, host Rebecca Galardo discusses the topic of Flash Fiction and WHY to write it with Author and Teacher Holly Lisle. They cover the surprising and, at times, overwhelming benefits of writing flash fiction (an often overlooked and disregarded type of story) and the reasons why EVERY writer should try it out – even YOU.
They take a look at the following:
- What Flash Fiction is and is not – and what is included in GOOD flash fiction
- What benefits come from writing Flash Fiction
- How it helps you become a better writer faster than normal fiction
- How it effects ALL of your writing
- How it helps you overcome fear
- Why every writer should try flash fiction
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes!
Mentioned in the Podcast
- Will Smith’s Speech on Skydiving and Fear.
- Holly’s Sonnets: To an Android Lover and Pensive Ruminations on Impermanence in a Technophilic World
Our Website: https://www.aiarwip.com/ https://www.alonewithinvisiblepeople.com/
Holly’s Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/hollylisle/
Holly’s Personal Page: https://www.hollylisle.com/
Holly’s Blog: https://hollylisle.com/weblog/
Rebecca’s Personal Page: https://www.rebeccagalardo.com/
Rebecca’s Writing Blog: https://rebeccagalardowords.wordpress.com/
Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann.
Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.