Show Notes for Episode 80: Workshop: Setting Writing Goals for the New Year
Download the Workshop!
How to Write Fiction: Writing Goals and Resolutions (or UNresolutions to Holly) and How To Set Them!
(Click here if you’re interested in the New Year special on Holly’s How to Write a Novel course with Bonuses)
If you have always wanted to: write and finish that novel in your head, self-pub a bunch of your short stories, finally finish the one big revision that is driving you nuts and submit the damn thing, get a chapbook of poetry out…
Whatever your writing goals, we’ve got you covered in how to set them, how to work on achieving them – and we’ve also set up a support system!
Author and Teacher Holly Lisle goes over her plan for the year, and I (host, Rebecca Galardo) come up with different examples to have Holly walk me through. We’ll show how to set achievable goals, how to track them, and where to find support all year long as you attempt to keep focused.
The year 2020 is going to bring personal upheavals as every year always does. It’s not going to take it easy on you just because you want to finally make this your year. So let’s set some goals, get clear on why we want to achieve them and what good they’ll do! Let’s keep the focus on taking action on our dreams instead of letting them stay dreams.
Join us in this week’s episode and if you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- FREE Revision How To Article
- Writer’s Group Rules Article
- How To Revise Your Novel (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- The Creative License (for aspiring artists) by Danny Gregory (not an aff link, Rebecca just loves the book)
- Telling Lies for Fun and Profit by Lawrence Block
- 30 Day (or more) 10 Minute Timer Thread – Join us!!
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
- Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.