Show Notes for Episode 75: How to Worldbuild Fast!
How to Write Fiction: Workshop with Us While We Build Worlds in Around 5 Minutes (or less!) a Piece.
Are you the type of write who, like Holly, can spend endless hours – days upon days, weeks upon weeks, and more – world building? Or are you the type of writer, like Rebecca, who ends up writing characters speaking and doing things in a barely there setting? Perhaps you’re the type of writer who is a middle grounder, who does some world building but all of these writers can still wonder: have I done enough?
Today’s episode is all about world building fast. If you tend to overbuild, underbuild or just wonder if you’ve really done enough, this episode is for you. Even if you’re confident in what you’ve done, this might be a new approach to building stories and worlds that you haven’t tried yet.
Author and Teacher Holly Lisle and I (host, Rebecca Galardo) walk through prompts from our own brains, surprise prompts from each other and then collaborate on two ideas – creating no less than 6 rich worlds and story ideas in under an hour.
Join us in this week’s episode and if you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- 30 Minute Worldbuilding Workshop (Episode)
- How To Revise Your Novel (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- 5 Minute World Building Freebie (follow the link and then scroll down to FREE PDF)
- Corpus Callosum information (this time a different link, ha!)
- Tom Vetter and this is his book of true stories here.
- Create A World Clinic (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
- Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.