Show Notes for Episode 87: The Process of Revision
How to Write Fiction: Example of How to Revise
Man… revision. Whew. ‘Nuff said, am I right?
Revision can feel like you’re stumbling around in a room the size of a football stadium, one with booby-traps and sharp objects, big, hard furniture – and you’re blindfolded. Did I mention you’re also trying to find a particular object in this quest?
In this episode Author and Fiction Teacher Holly Lisle and I (host, Rebecca Galardo) discuss what revision is (and what it is not – hint, editing) and we’ll break it down into very basic steps. We’ll use flash fiction examples written especially for this episode. You’ll hear the first drafts, the revised but still rough versions and listen as we try and help each other out with our stories. If you work on this yourself, please share your work in the forums!
Join us in this week’s episode and if you have a question for us join us in the forums at HollysWritingClasses.com and get to typing!
After the episode: Have something to say? A question to ask? Jump into the FREE forums at HollysWritingClasses.com (no purchase or ownership of courses necessary) and share with us.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes! Good reviews help us find more writers like us!
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- FREE COURSE: Write Flash Fiction that Doesn’t SUCK (affiliate link, supports the podcast!)
- How To Revise Your Novel (affiliate link! supports the podcast)
- Free Article on Revision
- 7-Day Crash Revision Workshop
- Episode: How to Start Building a Language, Culture… and Story Ideas – Workshop
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
- Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.