Show Notes for Episode 02: Building a Better Character
Alone in a Room with Invisible People is a podcast focusing on topics related to writing, revising and publishing fiction.
In this episode, host and writer Rebecca Galardo discusses Building a Better Character with author and teacher Holly Lisle, covering problems writers face with characters, how to overcome those problems, what a good character is and does, and more.
They take a look at the following:
- Basing Characters off of real people
- What ‘Character’ is and is not and what it does
- Digging deeper into character creation
- Characters that surprise in good and bad ways and what to do about them
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes!
Mentioned in the Podcast
- Hunting the Corrigan’s Blood
- Fire in the Mist
- How to Motivate Yourself
- Syd Field
- The Minimalists
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.