Show Notes for Episode 21: Mini Episode – What if I Don’t Have Talent?
Alone in a Room with Invisible People is a podcast focusing on topics related to writing, revising and publishing fiction.
I, (host Rebecca Galardo) and Author/Teacher Holly Lisle answer one of the most common questions that creatives ask over and over. It’s the fear many of us have: What if I don’t have the talent to pursue my dreams?
Society tells us that creatives are born not made. Well, we disagree.
This is a very important topic. As you grow your skills and people begin to look at your work and compare their lower-level stuff to it, you’ll hear the same thing: “I just have no talent.”
And then you can help a future author out too.
Holly and I cover the following:
- Does talent matter?
- Why having none gives you the advantage.
- And what you can do if you’re starting from scratch with zero skills.
Share, rate and subscribe for weekly episodes!
Mentioned in the Podcast
- Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American listeners!
- Evan Almighty Scene. Neither Holly and I are Christian, but I love the point of this scene and the point is relevant for everyone. The purpose of it starts at 1:10, but if you haven’t seen the film, the first minute gives you backstory. While I don’t subscribe personally to “prayer” I do believe that if you are looking to grow (or become more skilled, or have more courage, etc) and actively persuing it, you will see the opportunities in your life to do so.
- AIARWIP FORUM
- AIARWIP Ko-Fi (support the podcast!)
- All the ways to support AIARWIP
- AIARWIP Redbubble
- AIARWIP Facebook
- AIARWIP Instagram
- AIARWIP Twitter
- AIARWIP Website
- Holly’s Ko-Fi (support Holly!)
- Holly’s Personal Website
- Holly’s Blog
- Rebecca’s Website
Credits: Producer – Rebecca Galardo. Sponsor – Holly’sWritingClasses.com. Intro written by Holly Lisle and performed by Mark Hermann. Our podcast is 100% free and sponsored only by Holly’s Writing Classes.